We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. —Aristotle
So true. And the excellence of my frequent blogging habit obviously fell by the wayside this year. So let’s talk goals for the coming year, the habits I want to create or maintain in 2016 (2016!! When did that happen!):
- Blog at least once a week. I’d like you to be updated on what’s going on in my business, new products, new successes, new tips for your own creative life. Subscribe to this page to get notices when I’ve updated!
- GoPro. You heard it: I bought one, along with a lot of accessories. I’d like many of those blog posts to involve videos, so that you can really see how I work, how I manage my bee colonies, how I makes soaps, and so on. Reading is fun, but watching is worth a thousand words!
- Finish my rebranding. Branding isn’t just a logo: it’s who my audience is, how I do business, what my goals are, who I am as a businessperson. I’ve been struggling with this for a while, but now, I think I’ve found my Muse. The increased blogging and videos will be a large part of it.
- Expand my web based business. There’s something very satisfying about those orders landing in my mailbox. It also gives me a chance to talk to customers directly, something I rarely do now that I’ve stopped working fairs and festivals. Hint hint: I love hearing from you all–the good and the bad. So feel free to post a comment here, or on my Facebook page.
- Expand my wholesale accounts. Last year, no fewer than four stores carrying my goods closed. It’s a good reminder to me, as a businessperson, that resting on my laurels is not an option. It doesn’t matter how well my products sell, how well I do business: if a store closes, that account is gone. I still ended up growing my year’s end, but it’s important to always grow–because there’s no such thing as standing still. Probably true about most things in life, come to think of it!
How about you: what are your goals for the year, and how are you going to reach them?